Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tutorial - How to Make a Ribbon Growth Chart

Measure more than your children's height

Ribbon Growth Chart Tutorial at Meaningful Mama Blog

"Why do we have to only measure the height of our kids? Abby, especially, has been extremely into growth for a while. She'll wake up and stand proudly in front of me. "Look how big I've grown." She'll get off the scale, run to me and and proudly exclaim, I weigh 38.6 pounds. I don't know why she gets so excited. She's been between 38 and 39 now for a number of months. All I know is that I wish I had an ounce of her enthusiasm when stepping off a scale. She is constantly wanting to measure how tall she comes up compared to me. I thought she'd really enjoy an activity where we could measure a bunch of different body parts. I wanted the end result to be able to store in a compact way so that I could make one every year. This way,  they could compare growth for a number of different parts throughout the years. What size were my feet or hands when I was 3".... Read more

1 comment:

  1. So glad I stumbled across this site. There are so many tutorials to try! I'm very excited to be a new follower and give some of these ideas a shot.
    -Julianne
    www.mycreativechronicle.com

    ReplyDelete